Sunday 10 April 2011

Be Healthy COMPLETE!!! phew!

So week 1 of the Challenge is complete!  YAY US!!  We did it!

I completed all 7 days of vegetarian meals once a day.

Only one day did I cheat and eat sugar...and really, it was a green tea & caramel gelato from Humani-T (& an oatmeal and hemp cookie & Happy Tea ...ssoooo good!)  So even though it was sugar, it was healthy suger (shut up, there is so such a thing!)

My goal for my practice was 7 classes in 7 days...I went every day, then Friday came and I missed a class to go to Humani-T Cafe, and because of this I felt like I let myself down (hello week 2 challenge), so Saturday I went to a 60 min class in the morning and a 75 min class in the afternoon :)  ahhh that made me feel better.

Went out dancing Saturday night (in stilettos by the way) which is in and of itself another GREAT workout!  Woke up Sunday to a VERY sore body! haha!  It was so sunny out so I figured, lets do the spring yard work (again, great workout)

So all that was to say I made it to 6 of the 7 yoga classes, in 7 days.  Not bad if I do say so myself! (yay, week 2 challenge positivity!)

Overall the week was a success!  Oh! & I bought not one but 2 BE FREE LYM T's :)  They are sooo comfortable!  (wearing my grey one as we speak) 

So Week 2 starts tomorrow - BE ACCESSIBLE - we are to practice accessibility through self acceptance.  This is the week to practice acceptance and non-judgement with ourselves, and ultimately with those surrounding us. 

Self acceptance and non-judgement is something I struggle with internally and have for as long as I can remember.  As a lot of adults who have suffered childhood trauma, it affects how I view myself and how my inner voice speaks to me.  In the past couple years I have been getting better at allowing myself to be me, and knowing that it's okay to be loved for who I am.  But again, it is still a daily struggle to silence the hateful voice and let the loving one have a turn in there...

I'm not a judgemental person outwardly.  I think that everyone has their issues, and leads them to be the people they are, I accept (whether or not I understand) those quirks and personality traits in those around me.  I'm very helpful at work.  If someone needs help, I'm the first to offer.  I listen openly and respond thoughtfully.  I forgive easily.  I know that if I hold onto something, it is festering in ME, it is in no way harming or affecting the other person. So why hold onto those feelings when it is so much easier to let it go.

I'm not sure how this week will pan out for me.  I have to find some challenges for myself that will make me feel like I'm accomplishing something past what I normally do.  My biggest challenge is within, so I guess maybe that's where I should keep my focus?

"There is so much about my fate that I cannot control, but other things do fall under the jurisdiction. I can decide how I spend my time, whom I interact with, whom I share my body and life and money and energy with. I can select what I can read and eat and study. I can choose how I'm going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life-whether I will see them as curses or opportunities. I can choose my words and the tone of voice in which I speak to others. And most of all, I can choose my thoughts."Elizabeth Gilbert ~ Eat Pray Love

No comments:

Post a Comment