Monday 25 April 2011

LYM Challenge ~ Week Four ~ Sangha Support

This week's challenge involves Sangha (pronouced Song-gah).  Sangha is a word the Buddha used to describe a community of people supporting one another on a common path.

The challenge this week includes making more of an effort to get to know my Sangha...now if you've kept up with my blog at all, you know how much I love my studio, Moksha Yoga Dartmouth!  I'm already always talking to other yogis in the studio, so this part of the challenge is easy for me.  Since beginning this blog, I have people approaching me as well to talk about the blog.  It was a great opener for my Sangha to get to know me :) 

This morning as Wendy and I were leaving after our awesome class with Ashleigh *shout out* I was putting my stickers on the sticker board...noticed Wendy had already put hers on and turned to her and said "and who did you meet today here?!?"  She immediately turned around to the woman standing behind us talking to Ashleigh and said, "Hi, I'm Wendy, it's very nice to meet you"...lol...naturally, I said, and I'm Stephanie, and then continued to explain the LYM Challenge because the look on her face was a little shocked at the insertion of ourselves into her conversation.  She was a first timer, I like to think that our friendliness will make her definitely want to come back ;) 

Since beginning at MYD I have brought so many people to classes with me and had half of them buy a package themselves.  This weeks challenge is probably going to be the easiest week for me because I already bring everyone I know to yoga, and I already talk to anyone who will listen to me!

The LYM Challenge Facebook page is proof positive of the Sangha Support in the Moksha community. 

Sangha is like a chosen family...I believe I have definitely chose a keeper family :)

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.  Happiness never decreases by being shared.  ~Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment