Friday 8 April 2011

Humani-T

Day 5!!!  So today I had dental surgery...it wasn't too hard to eat one vegetarian meal today, seeing as I was knocked out for most of it!  I didn't get to yoga today, so that means I won't be doing 7 practices in 7 days, but I'm thinking of possibly going twice tomorrow, one 60 min class in the am, and the Hot Fusion class in the afternoon (wish me luck!)

Tonight my very good friend Melissa took me to Humani-T Cafe in Halifax.  Humani-T Cafe is a health food store which, on Friday nights, has an open mic night.  I had heard such great things about it from Melissa that I really wanted to check it out.  So tonight was the night :) and was I ever impressed!!!

The night started with the couple that puts on the open mic night, singing and playing guitars.  They both have such beautiful voices!  Next up was this character and his ukulele.  He's not much of a singer, but his songs were quirky and cute and everyone really enjoyed him.  There were poets who got up and shared their works and another couple singers, who were SO GREAT!  I had no idea such a beautiful night was what I was in store for!

I must say, the piece de resistence was the drum group!!  A group of 6-8 people, with a "box of noise" which handed out different musical instruments (tamborines, triangle, etc).  There was a guy playing flute and another playing a didgeridoo!!  Bongo players and another drum types.  And they just PLAYED....all of us got to join in with our little instruments and were instructed when to be quiet and when to play loud....

SO MUCH ENERGY EXCHANGE!!!   It was like DOING MUSIC, instead of doing yoga!!  The vibes in Humani-T were so positive and light and just pure HAPPINESS!!

I really wanted to share this evening with you all, so please feel free to view the attached video.  Bear in mind it was taken with a blackberry video app...so it's not the greatest quality....  this was an amazing experience to be a part of and I will definitely be going back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T7vkvP2xjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aXaO-kGJXU

Enjoy and I hope to see you at Humani-T Cafe!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment